Ever since I was a little girl, my mom has been making her signature spiced mocha.
This warm and cozy recipe has been by my side through pumpkin-carvings, Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade-watchings, snowy days, Christmas mornings, and more. As an adult, I’ve learned that pouring a bit of Irish cream in it adds some extra warmth (if ya know what I mean). It’s become a staple in our household.
In my opinion, this tops all the holiday beverages. I’d take a spiced mocha over a PSL or peppermint mocha any day, but maybe I’m biased. I think you should give it a try and see for yourself just how spectacular it is!
I like to bring this spiced mocha out in the early autumn and enjoy it through the holiday season and beyond.
Once you’ve poured yourself a mug, you won’t be able to resist sipping on this mocha for years to come. Thanks to my mom – fondly known as “Mama Donna” – I’m able to share this delicious beverage with you!
- 1 cup non-dairy creamer
- 1 cup hot cocoa mix your choice
- 2/3 cup instant coffee
- 1/2 cup sugar or sugar substitute
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- In a bowl, combine ingredients with a whisk.
- Transfer to a sealed container to keep it fresh.
- When ready to serve, add 3-4 heaping teaspoons of mix to a 6oz mug filled with boiling water.