When Shadow and Bone was released on Netflix, my friend and I decided to try our hand at creating cocktails inspired by the Grishaverse!
For those of you who aren’t already aware, The Grishaverse encompasses the Shadow and Bone trilogy, Six of Crows duology, and King of Scars duology by Leigh Bardugo. This just so happens to be my favorite series, and in preparation for the premiere of the Netflix adaptation, my booksta bestie and I began brainstorming creative drink ideas to enjoy while watching the show!
I really can’t take the credit for these drinks at all! Kait is an absolute genius and she literally dreamt up the recipes for a couple of them. It was so much fun to sip on them while binging the show during the premiere weekend! When I received entrance into the virtual meet and greet with the cast, she came over and we made the drinks again. This time we documented it so I could share the recipes with you!
Whether or not you’re part of the Grishaverse fandom, you’re going to love these fun drinks.
Above, you can see the TikTok we created while making each of these drinks (I shared the one from Kait’s page). Below, you can find the exact recipes to make them yourself!
The Little Palace
- 1 oz spiced pear simple syrup
- 1 oz gin
- chardonnay to fill the glass
- Prep spiced pear simple syrup
- Drizzle honey along the sides of a stemmed liquor glass
- Pour 1 oz of pear syrup into the glass
- Add 1 oz of gin
- Fill the remainder of the glass with chardonnay
- vanilla syrup just a splash
- 1 oz peach and orange blossom vodka
- orange juice to fill the glass
- orange sherbet
- sugar crystal sprinkles
- Line rim of 2.75-3 oz glass with orange sherbet and dip in sugar crystals
- Place a small scoop of orange sherbet at bottom of glass
- Add a splash of vanilla syrup
- Pour 1 oz of peach and orange blossom vodka
- Fill the rest of the way with orange juice
The Crow Club
- 1 oz sweet tea mixer or iced tea works
- 2 oz rum
- maraschino cherries for juice and garnish
- ginger ale to fill glass
- Add 1 oz of citrus sweet tea (mixer or iced tea) to whiskey glass
- Pour 2 oz rum
- Just a splash of maraschino cherry juice
- Fill the remainder of the glass with ginger ale
- Add a garnish of cherries