Answer this question for me: do you love Thanksgiving? Okay, maybe that’s a super easy question, but another question would be why? Is it because you get to eat til you’re about to pop, or because of the football games, or maybe the shopping? Those are some of my favorite things for sure, but there’s another reason I really love Thanksgiving. I love giving thanks. I mean, isn’t that why we have the holiday to begin with? Not just for the turkey and the crowded malls, but to truly take an entire day to be thankful for all that we have. Why don’t we spend more days doing this? If it were me, I would make Thanksgiving day every day, just for the sake of expressing my thanks more often. Maybe you’re someone who feels like you don’t have much to be thankful for this year – please know that you’re not alone in this thought process. Also know that there is someone thankful for you and I think that’s reason enough to be thankful.
Since we’re on this beautiful topic of giving thanks, I wanted to share a few things I’m thankful for, and thank a few people in the process.
1. I’m thankful for the outlet that blogging has provided for me. It’s been incredible to meet so many people who are passionate about the same things I’m interested in, and to surround myself with such a supportive community.
2. I’m thankful that my blog is still alive. That might sound bizarre, but if you’ve been reading along for a while, you know that I used to have another blog name, and I lost it earlier this year. Since then, I’ve dealt with numerous website crashes and gotten to the point of a serious “why me” syndrome – but here it is, still going strong.
3. On that same note, I’m thankful for my incredible brother-in-law who has worked tirelessly to help me keep this blog on its feet. He has been the backbone of my website from the start, and has helped me into the wee hours of the morning and on super sick days just so that I can keep my business running.
4. I’m thankful for my boyfriend finally living in the same place as me. For a year, we worked our booties off to have a long distance relationship, and now we get to live in the same city (right around the corner from each other). I can’t get enough of seeing him!
5. I’m thankful for the skilled hands of the surgeons who were able to correct my mom’s back. Though she’s had to go through such a long, and painful recovery, she’s on the road back to health and beginning to enjoy life again.
6. I’m thankful for the fact that after three years of WhatsApp texts from Richmond, VA to Switzerland, my best friend and I are finally getting the opportunity to meet in person. In fact, that will be happening TODAY, and “excited” doesn’t even begin to describe how I’m feeling. Sarah will be spending her first Thanksgiving with my family and me, so follow along on Instagram stories, as I’m sure we will be bombing it like crazy with all our adventures.
7. I’m thankful for all of my “photographers” since I began my blogging journey. From my mom, who read everything she could about portrait photography in order to take my photos, to my boyfriend, who takes a pause during every date day just to snap a few shots (hence these pumpkin patch pics), to my blogger bestie, Stefanie, who even since announcing her pregnancy still wants to go out each week with me and shoot together.
8. I’m thankful for art. This comes in so many different forms, but I’ve recently watched as one of my best friends has begun to paint and draw more, and her artwork is beautiful. I’ve also gotten to experience more local music lately, and even watch as a friend of mine got to finally put together a music video (which turned out bomb, btw). Art is healing, in all its forms, and I’m so happy to experience it whenever I get the chance.
9. I’m thankful for brands that believe in me as much as I believe in them. I’ve gotten the chance to create incredible, professional relationships with so many companies, and through that, I’ve been able to watch small businesses grow to new heights and I’ve even become good friends with different shop owners.
10. I’m thankful for my readers. Every single one of you babes who come back each day to read what I take the time to write. It means so much to know that I have literally thousands interested in what I have to say. Like, whoa. I want to continue using this platform to share my style and my life, along with so much positivity and love, as long as I can.
Real talk time: I’m sitting in a super busy cafe right now drinking an iced chai latte and eating a Mexican chocolate cookie while Brandon sits across from me editing my first lookbook video (eek!) and I’m trying not to cry my eyes out as I write about all these things I’m thankful for. If we only took this kind of time every single day to list out the things we were thankful for, I think we would all be such different – and better – people. So join me in giving thanks for all our many blessings, and have a Happy Thanksgiving, ya’ll!
Shop My Style
Top: Grayson Shop // Blazer: She + Sky (not sold online, similar here) // Denim: Charlotte Russe (medium wash sold out, dark wash here) // Booties: Charlotte Russe (cognac not sold online, black here) // Scarf: Garage (old, similar here)