After being together for over three years, my man and I still haven’t run out of fun date night ideas, but believe me, it’s a lot of work!
I’m constantly browsing Pinterest for creative plans, and sometimes I even think up some good ones on my own! When this post was originally published (02/20/2017), I shared a video about how we decided to spice things up on a Friday night – quite literally – with a cooking challenge! You can view the goofy goodness right here. The concept: each of us needed to purchase four ingredients, separate from each other, and once we reconnected after leaving the grocery store, we had to put together a full meal using the total of eight ingredients that we bought.
Coming back to revamp this post reminded me of all the great, budget-friendly date ideas we’ve come up with over the years, and I wanted to share some of my favorites with you. With Valentine’s Day on the way, this guide will help you save money and still have a blast with your significant other.
Looking for a way to break from the routine of “dinner and a movie”?
20 Unique Date Night Ideas on a Budget
- Go to an arcade together and challenge each other to a rousing game of skeeball.
- Find somewhere to play mini golf.
- Find the nearest photobooth, and take cheesy photo-strip photos together.
- Visit all the rooftop bars in your city and find your new favorite drink (a little more of a splurge).
- Pack a sandwich lunch and some fruit and head to a local park for a picnic – or if it’s too chilly where you live, have a picnic indoors!
- Build a blanket fort inside on a rainy day and pull out your childhood favorite animated movies.
- Play a new board game together.
- See who can make the better grilled cheese sandwich (get creative with this one)!
- Grab a goofy fighting video game and see who’s the stronger fighter.
- Take a workout class together.
- Go to a local park and head straight for the jungle gym. See who can pump highest on the swings.
- Make a playlist together of all the songs that remind you of each other.
- Listen to your newly created playlist on a drive with no destination – windows must be down.
- Buy a variety of super sour candies and find out which is the most sour.
- Go to the mall and pick out an outfit for each other.
- Plan your dream vacation – down to the smallest details (hotel, restaurants, activities).
- Volunteer at a local animal shelter together for a day (don’t be surprised if you wind up with a new pet).
- Find the best place in the city to watch the sunset – and bring champagne.
- Go dog watching and pretend you’re judges at a dog show. Spot the fluffiest, smallest, ugliest, etc.
- Try my four ingredient cooking challenge!
Related Posts: Our Love Story // What to Wear on a Valentine’s Day Date
Let me know what your favorite activities are for date night!
↓ Pin for Later ↓